Berries are fruits that are loaded with health benefits. Among them are Mulberry and Blackberry. At first glance, the two are almost the same, but there are subtle differences between the two. In this article, we will talk about the difference between Mulberry vs Blackberry.
Mulberry vs Blackberry
Although the two are similar, there are major differences between the two, and this is important to know before we start consuming mulberries and blackberries.
Below we release the clear differences between Mulberry and Blackberry, and are easy to understand.
- Mulberry is a plant belonging to the Morus genus, it grows in deciduous trees which are native to Europe and Asia, technically they are not considered as berries.
- When you look at it, mulberries are bigger than blackberries and mulberries are more oval in shape. The color is reddish purple. Mulbeery juice can be attached to hands, clothes, teeth. While blackberries do not have the same pigment as mulberries in juice.
- In addition, another difference between mulberry vs blackberry is, mulberries have many colors like white, black, and purplish red.
- The content of vitamins and minerals in mulberry is high in vitamin A, vitamin K, antioxidants, fiber, and anthocyanins.
- Mulberry is a famous tree in China, where they use it as food for silkworm farming.
- If Mulberry is included in the Morus genus, Blackberry is a plant that belongs to the Rubus genus, this is a plant native to South America. Balckberry also grows in certain parts of the climate in the northern hemisphere.
- When it was little, blackberry looked very round, and when they were big they would turn into oval. Its size is small to medium and grows on blackberry bushes.
- The balckberry is a true berry, different from mulberries which are considered ordinary berries. Blackberry has a very dark color, maybe the color is between black and dark purple.
- Blackberry has many health benefits because of its many nutritional content. Among the nutrients in balckberry are vitamin C, antioxidants, and this is very good for the body’s immunity to ward off disease.
Blackberry is also very popular as a dessert, sweet and sour taste, many enjoy it both among children or adults.
Those are some of the main differences between Blackberry VS Mulberry, hopefully useful and can increase our knowledge about blackberries.
Also read: Palmarosa essential oil