Cocoa powder is not only useful as a flavor and color enhancer for cakes or desserts, but can also add to our creation to be creative with marshmallows and cocoa is also great for serving a cup of hot chocolate. Cocoa has been around for centuries and until now the health benefits of cocoa are still being examined. This shows the enormous potential in cocoa powder to benefit all of us.
Basically, there are two types of cocoa powder, this is natural and Dutch Processed, here we will see how the difference between these two types of cocoa powder. Indeed, cocoa powder has many health benefits, but lately there has been strong debate on this issue because it is estimated that cocoa powder contains heavy metals. So, here we also review this debate while reviewing which cocoa powder is the best for consumption and quality.
1. Best Cocoa Powder to Pick
HERSHEY’S is light cocoa without sweetener, we prefer this brand, it is 8 ounces (six packs). You can buy as much cocoa powder if you have enough money.
2. Budget Pick
If you have a rather weak economy, you can choose Anthony’s organic cocoa powder, this product has been certified by USDA Organic.
Best Cocoa Powders in 2020
Below we look at the top 10 types of best cocoa powder that you can consider for you to have.
1. HERSHEY’S Natural Unsweetened Cocoa 8 oz
- The amount is 36 ounces of unsweetened cocoa powder
- Suitable for hot chocolate and dessert
- OU Kosher is certified and suitable for you who are on a gluten free diet
Hershey’s is one of the best cocoa powders this year. The HERSHEY’S natural unsweetened 8 oz (six pack) cocoa is gluten-free cocoa, this product is made from pure cocoa in America. Usually used on desserts and on hot chocolate. on the back of the tin there are instructions on how to make frozen and hot chocolate recipes. If you really want dark chocolate, then you can mix a little dark chocolate on the grill food because this is light chocolate.
Also read: best turmeric substitutes
But be careful when buying it, because some buyers accept packages with open cans.
- Natural cacao powder
- Sweetener free
- Gluten free
- Kosher, and
- American made.
- Risk of receiving cans that are damaged or open
- If you want a darker color, maybe you need to mix it with another chocolate.
2. Anthony’s Organic Cocoa Powder
- This cocoa powder weighs 2 pounds and is certified by USDA Organic. This cocoa is also free of gluten.
- Cocoa is not purified, because during the process is not alkaline
- Only a small amount of this cocoa was tested
Anthony’s organic cocoa is also suitable for those of you on a diet free of gluten. This cocoa powder has not been treated to neutralize its acidity. There is a small number of buyers commenting that this cocoa does not taste like other cocoa in general. Maybe it tastes drier compared to other pure cocoa.
- Gluten free
- Small batch
- probably doesn’t have a strong taste like other cocoa
- Drier than other cocoa
- The packaging is sometimes open when shipping
3. Ghirardelli Chocolate Unsweetened Cocoa Pouch
- 8 ounces of pure cacao that can be closed again
- Non-alkaline and unsweetened
- It’s great for baking, for dessert, and for chocolate drinks.
The non-alkalized Ghirardelli 100% cocoa (8 oz) is provided or packed in a resealable bag. It is suitable as hot cocoa, or as an ingredient for making bread. Indeed, it feels a little bitter because this is pure cocoa without sweetener.
Also read: Benefits Of Palma Rosa Essential Oil
Maybe it feels something is missing from this best cocoa powders, as well as the packaging that can be closed again, but it is not a product that is very easy to close.
- 100% cocoa
- Sweetener free
- and 8 oz in a cap that can be closed again.
- It might be a little less compared to other cocoa
- Bags that have been used can be resealed, but this is difficult to do.